Do you want to know the self development secrets and strategies to be successful in upcoming days?
Before getting started, let’s start from the scratch.
What is Self Development?
The number of definitions you will find when you search for the exact meaning. Let’s see few results as below,
The Process by Which a Person’s Character or Abilities Are Gradually Developed.
Taking Steps to Better Yourself, Such As By Learning New Skills or Overcoming Bad Habits.
The Act of Deciding For Yourself How to Improve Your Skills and Taking Action.
The process of Improving or Developing Oneself. Still, you need more information on Self Development Check Wiki.
Importance of Personal Development and Self Growth:
There is a saying, ‘Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person’. Have you ever thought if this one person whom you can help and change their world can be you?
When you read the quote ‘A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal’ is it not fair that you must think of yourself first? Who else will know more about your wounds than yourself and who else will care to heal the wound if you yourself will not take efforts for the same?
Every time your ‘self’ feels let down or hurt, offer a helping hand by consoling the same. Give it the confidence that it can sail across the storm successfully. When you help your ‘self’ constantly, you will witness yourself coming up in life and career without any setbacks.
Self-growth is purely based on how you help others to get succeed. It’s very important to help someone by what you have learned in life. Helping Others is the key to Personal Success.
Self Development Secrets and Tips:
When is the last you spoke with your ‘self’?
- Spend at least 15 to 20 minutes a day talking to your ‘self’. Find out that situation which will fetch you this time – even if it is your bath time
- Calm you ‘self’ down for all the hurt feelings it carries
- Speak affirmative words to your ‘self’ that would motivate it to travel further the hard way
- Admire your physical structure standing in front of the mirror. It is okay if your skin tone is not as rich as someone else’s. After all, their skin tone does not look like yours and probably they want your skin.
Remember, self-motivation is the key to personal and professional development. When you fail to motivate your ‘self’, you refuse to develop. The fast-paced world and self-centric people around you have no time to motivate you so you can develop a successful personality. They are doing that for themselves and nothing is wrong about that. It is your failure if you do not treat your ‘self’ with that respect. Self Development is one the important process to follow each and every single day.
Personal Development Growth Plans:
Self-help is all the more a key ingredient for succeeding in life particularly when the competition levels that prevails is of such altitude as in today’s case. Here goes the specific list of things you need to do to help your ‘self’ on a regular basis so you outreach your grasp every time.
- Respect your ‘self’. Understand that you are unique and there is no one else in this universe who has your physical, mental and emotional attributes.
- Be in the positive company at all points of time. Avoid mingling with people who pull down your self-confidence time and again
- Never stop learning. Ensure you learn something new every day since every learning acts as a morale booster
- Stop thinking too much, particularly about what others felt about you and similar such politics.
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses. Leverage your strengths to overcome your weaknesses.
- Stay positive and believe in yourself. Remember, your life has been bestowed on you because only you can handle the situations in the same. Have faith that you will overcome every hurdle that comes your way
- Set pragmatic goals for yourself. Meticulously track where you stand in a periodical manner. This will help you distract yourself from unwanted thoughts that pull you down.
- Never hesitate to do all that you love to do. Your ‘self’ will enjoy every minute of the experience you gift it, feeling rejuvenated. This rejuvenation will keep your ‘self’ motivated at all points in time
- Unchain yourself from the mindset that blocks your development. Think out of the box and make that notable difference
Understand your Worth:
When you do not know your worth, don’t expect others to know the same. When you realize that someone is talking behind you, do not get bogged down. Instead, look at the positive side of the same. They are unable to talk in front of you since they see your high worth and so is afraid to do so. They are afraid of you since you don’t seem to seek anyone’s validation about your ‘self’. Get clothed up in dignity and strength instead of worrying about your physical dressing sense. Never ever compromise on the values you have set for yourself just because someone else expects you to be who you actually are not. This will help you travel that extra mile you never expected yourself to travel.
Self Development Quotes:
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” Stephen Covey
- “Income seldom exceeds personal development.” Jim Rohn
- “Be The Change You Want To See In This World.” Gandhi
- “Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time and energy needed to develop yourself.” Denis Waitley
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
- “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” Brian Tracy
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Work on yourself more than you do on your job.” Jim Rohn
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Personal Development Guide:
I have jotted down few of my favorite self-help book that can change your lives too. Let’s see the Books which reveals the Self Development Secrets by super successful people all around the world:
- Eat That Frog: Brian Tracy
21 Great Ways To Stop Procrastinating And Get More Done In Less Time
- Set The Table:
- Plan Every Day In Advance.
- Apply The 80/20 Rule To Everything.
- Consider The Consequences.
- Practice Creative Procrastination:
- Use The Abcde Method Continually.
- Focus On Key Results Area:
- The Law Of 3.
- Prepare Thoroughly Before You Begin
- Take It One Oil Barrel At A Time.
- Upgrade You Key Skills:
- Leverage Your Special Talents.
- Identify You Key Constraints.
- Put The Pressure On Yourself.
- Maximise Your Personal Power.
- Motivate Yourself Into Action.
- Get Out Of The Technological Time Sinks.
- Slice And Dice The Task
- Create Large Chunks Of Time.
- Develop A Sense Of Urgency.
- Single Handle Every Task.
2. Think And Grow Rich: The Original 1937 Unedited Edition By Napoleon Hill.
You can buy this book from Amazon – Click Amazon
- Auto Suggestion
- Specialised Knowledge
- Organised Planning
- Power Of The Master Mind
- The Subconscious Mind
- The Brain
- The Sixth Sense
3. The Five Major Pieces To The Life Puzzle – Kindle Edition By Jim Rohn
- Philosophy – What We Know
- Attitude – What We Feel
- Activity – What We Do
- Results – What We Achieve
- Lifestyle – How We Choose To Live And Design Our Lives
4. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons In Personal Change By Stephen R. Covey
- Be Proactive
- Begin With The End In Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood
- Sharpen The Saw
5. Live Your Dreams: Les Brown
I have written an article about Best Les Brown Quotes to Live by Click here to view.
Must Read Self Development Books:
6. The Power Of Positive Thinking By Norman Vincent Peale.
7. The Secret: Law Of Attraction.
8. The Prophet By Kahlil Gibran
9. The Power Of Your Subconscious By Joseph Murphy
10. Success: John Maxwell
I hope you enjoyed reading about personal development and self-growth needs, importance, plans, secrets and tips etc. Do share your views about my article.
To Your Success,